Strawberry and Balsamic Reduction Angel Food Sundae
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 pint Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla Honey Caramel Greek Frozen Yogurt or your favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tbs balsamic reduction
- 1 sprig basil
- 4 oz whipping cream
- 2 tsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour a cup of balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the heat to a boil without reducing the heat on the stove.
- At this point, turn down the heat so that boil reduces to a simmer. Stir occasionally and allow to simmer until the vinegar has reduced by at least half (for a thinner reduction) or more (for a more syrupy consistency). However impatient you may be, don’t try to increase the heat, unless you want to be left with a stiff, hardened mess!
- Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Slice ½ cup fresh strawberries.
- In a chilled mix bowl add the whipping cream and whip using a whisk or a mixer.
- As the whipped cream begins to form peaks, add the confectioner’s sugar, & vanilla.
- After the ingredients are incorporated, set aside.
- Toast 8 slices of angelfood cake in toaster oven or toaster.
- In a serving bowl, 2 slices of toasted angelfood cake, place two 2 ounce scoops of Vanilla Honey Caramel Greek Frozen Yogurt, or your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor, 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction & a scoop of whipped cream.
Posted on Thursday, March 6th 2014
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Fondue
- 1 – 3 flavors of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- 1 Cup of chocolate chips – white, dark, or milk / 2tbs vegetable oil / 2tbs cookie crumbs.
- Microwave, tall fluted glass (works best for fondue dipping), small ice cream or melon scoop, a large and heavy plate that can go in the freezer, skewers.
- Put large plate in freezer for at least 30min. Remove plate from freezer.Scoop multiple small scoops and place on frozen plate – place back into freezer immediately for at least an hour to harden.
- While ice cream hardens, prepare fondue. Mix chocolate chips and vegetable oil, then microwave for 1 minute, stir every 10 seconds until melted to avoid burning the chocolate. Then stir in 2tbs of cookie crumbs.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer immediately prior to serving, dip in fondue, and enjoy!
Posted on Thursday, March 6th 2014
Posted on Tuesday, March 4th 2014
Reblogged from GRUBSHOTS NYC
Introducing our latest US Scoop Shop flavor: Cotton Candy! Fresh off the fairgrounds, it’s Cotton Candy ice cream loaded with cotton candy pieces. Check your local Scoop Shop to see what they’re scooping today!
Posted on Monday, March 3rd 2014
Chocoate or rainbow sprinkles? Both!
Posted on Friday, February 28th 2014
Reblogged from Loverly Chixy
Posted on Thursday, February 27th 2014
Introducing new US Core Flavors: Peanut Butter Fudge, Salted Caramel, That’s My Jam, and Hazed & Confused. You’ve got some spooning to do.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26th 2014
Keepin’ cherries truckin’ since 1987.
Posted on Monday, February 24th 2014
Ben & Jerry’s Baked Alaska Sundae:
(makes 1 serving)
- Your favorite cookie, frozen in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
- 1 scoop of your favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Marshmallow spread (enough to cover the ice cream)
- Add a rounded scoop of your favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream to a frozen cookie, then put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 C).
- When ice cream and cookie are frozen, completely cover the ice cream with a layer of marshmallow Fluff.
- Keep in the freezer for 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, or until the fluff starts to brown. This can also be done with a brulee torch if you have one. Enjoy!
Posted on Friday, February 21st 2014